Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Update

Performance day for Ella's little dance class all these girls were so fun and cute to have over everyday the last couple of weeks.

Deer Valley girls up at Camp Lo Mia and us cabin moms


This summer has seemed to fly. There was only a couple of days at the beginning before summer classes started that kind of dragged on. Once June hit we have been busy. Jeremy started out June with a week off we just stayed home and tried to do something fun each day. It was just nice having a little down time with Daddy at home with us. His schedule has been pretty good since vacation week so we are just enjoying it while it lasts.
I went up to girls camp mid June. Jeremy and my sister Valerie and my brother Morgan all watched the kids while I was away. Thankyou so much you guys. I had a lot of fun with the girls and other leaders up there.

During the week I was gone Ella took a Broadway musical dance class out in Mesa. She stayed with her Aunt and unlce Ryan and Julie. Julie took such good care of her while she was out there and Ella had a fun time staying with her cousins, even if she did get a little homesick in the end. Also while in Mesa a little girl down the street from Ryan and Julie was teaching a gymnastics class to little girls. Ella realized she could do the same thing and teach her own class with something that she knew how to do. She finally talked me into a class after I thought about it and realized it could be a really good experience for her. Of course she was excited at the propect of earning money. Ella handed out fliers to kids in Caden's preschool and girls at church. Today was the last day of her two week class and the girls performed for an audience, parents and some grandparents, today. It was so cute they did such a good job. I am going to try to upload some video sometime next week from both Ella's performance and Ella's class. They all seemed to have a lot of fun.
Hopefully I can get video and more pictures up soon. We have had lots of fun this summer so far and more to come.

4 comments:

the landreths said...

It's good to hear that Jeremy has had some downtime iwth you guys this summer. Brian's first couple weeks have been rough.

Cute dance pictures. Ella is so talented!

Adam Jensen said...

Fun! That's awesome you were able to go to girls camp. I love being in YW's it's so fun. I wish I could have gone to ours. Wish I was seeing you all this weekend!!!

Peck Family said...

Go Ella! I hear that her students LOVED it. Good JOB>

Bella Beginnings said...

I am so happy that Ella decided to go through with the class. It looks like it was a total success, and to have done it for 2 weeks. I am impressed. As for her solo... seriously the best! We were so happy to have her and maybe she can come and stay again next summer. What fun.