Friday, July 18, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Already Been Ten Years

Today Jeremy and I have been married for ten years. It doesn't seem like it has even been close to that long and sometimes it seems like we've always been together. I absolutely love being married to my best friend. I can't wait to see what unfolds in the next ten years of our life together.

Ten things I love about being married to Jeremy:
1. Family is always first we love having him here and home is where he loves to be.
2. He is hilarious, he is always making us laugh and taking advantage of funny situations so we all laugh even harder.
3. He loves me so much, he knows I need a little girls only time, so he encouraged me to go on my girls trip last weekend and he took tremendous care of the kids while I was gone. They love a little daddy time too.
4.He is such a good Daddy and wants the best for our kids, while still wanting them to be well rounded ,hard workers and respectful, which has kind of become our motto.
5. He supports what I do at home as a stay at home mom. He comes home and helps me with cleaning and even cooking sometimes but most especially time with the kids.
6. I especially love that he takes time out for just us. Spring and summer before our first anniversary Jeremy took on a second job delivering pizza,on top of school and our cleaning gig. The money from that job was specifically set aside for a trip to Hawaii celebrating our first anniversary. It was so fun being able to look forward to that trip and plan for it. Since then we take advantage of opportunities to go on vacation and do things for just us whenever we can.
7. He has always been a good example, to me, our kids, and siblings. He is so strong spiritually, smart economically and so many other qualities.

8. I love that we both have common goals for short term and long term. We ultimately want to live good lives as well as those who we love so we can always be together.
9. I love that after he graduated with a degree in a education, he realized he wanted more and wasn't afraid to go back to school and do medicine. Last night he pointed out that five of our married years have been in medical school and then internship. It can only get better from there.
10. I love that Jeremy makes me feel good about what I do and He makes me want to do and be better and continue to grow and learn.
I love this wonderful man that I married ten years ago. I love being with you and knowing you are always there for us Jeremy.





I am so grateful for these last ten years and feel we have definitely made the best of it and enjoyed life as our beautiful family continues to grow. Love you Jeremy, Happy Anniversary!!

10 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Happy Anniversary!! Cute post. You two are some of the funnest people I know. Miss you and can't wait to hear all about girls weekend :)

The Kalcichs said...

Happy Anniversary, Jill! You guys are such a fun couple! I want to get together and vent with you on the whole pregnancy thing! I hope you're surviving the AZ heat!

The Vernon Mackeys said...

The rest of us are glad you decided to keep him around too. We love you both!!

the landreths said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are a cute couple. What a nice tribute to Jeremy.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! What a great couple you are!

Bella Beginnings said...

Happy Anniversary! A little late. This was a great post and I loved looking at all of your photos. You guys sure are photogenic! Love the kayaking one especially. Fun memories. Fun to think of what is to come as the first 10 years have been so great!

The Pritchard Party said...

Hey... so who's that hot couple that has a blog and I didn't know!!! HOW ARE YOU GUYS?? Where were you yesterday... DITCHERS! :)

The Mathews Family said...

CONGRATS Jeremy and Jill! What an accomplishment. Hopefully we can make it to ten years ;)

I loved reading this. We're so lucky to have these great guys, aren't we? You guys look so cute together!

Brizzee said...

Happy late anniversary. Wish we lived close again. We miss hanging out with you guys. It was great to see ya Jill.

Corri said...

Hey you guys! I just found your blog through the Landreths and I have to tell you...I was just thinking about you the other day...a long time ago Jeremy told about Jill using his face as a prop to get herself out of bed when she was pregnant. At the time I thought that was pretty hilarious/odd but now I am 8 months pregnant myself and can totally relate. So the other day when I couldn't get myself out of bed that story came to my mind. :D