Wednesday, August 29, 2007

schedules

I don't know why I put this off for so long, I check out other people's blogs almost everyday. I just don't really feel like writing when I am feeling so negative right now. I have been such a complainer lately, and haven't had my girls nights to get it all out, you know.
We seem to have finally figured out our pool, still a few quirks, but at least it hasn't turned green lately. I love having a pool, so do the kids. Its so nice to go and jump in after I have been in the garage or yard sweating to death, and then cool off so quickly. Thankyou Jeremy for only letting us look at houses with pools.
Caden just turned 5 last week, he loves telling people he is 5 now. I finally found the cord to post pictures, but I have not downloaded them yet so next time I will make that a priority. His cake was a baseball decorated with licorice as the stitching. So easy, then Ella tells me for her birthday, next week, she wants a barbie cake with the barbie in the middle. Which I have done for her but she was only 3. I said, can you choose a cake that is a little easier to decorate, so she said awl right. Thank goodness, just because I know how to do it doesn't mean I want to.
Ella has been going to school this week hasn't missed a day yet this week. The first two weeks it was such a struggle to get her to go. I talked with the principle and she was very understanding. so Monday she started in her new first grade class, which was a substitute for two days. Thank goodness she really liked the sub. Today the regular teacher was back, and Ella seems to like it. She wants me to take her to school everyday, so our next step is dropping her off without me having to walk her to class, then hopefully soon after she will take the bus. Lots of drama from this little one.
Night times have been my enemy lately. Jeremy has been working night shift going in at 5 and getting home around 7:30 or so. Only two more nights.Its crazy, it throws everything off for him, he averages about 5 hours of sleep and then eats two meals a day. I can't tell you how much I dislike the whole night time routine with my kids. It has never been heaven trying to get the kids to bed. Now I can't even describe it, I keep deleting everything I write. Ella is terrified of being alone at night. We were out of town she saw a scary movie and has not been the same since, and is rubbing off onto Caden, its totally lame.
Anyway, I know my girls all know what its like with our intern husband schedules, life gets a little stressful. I am looking forward to this one being over, but is ob going to be any better next month, we'll see.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Man Jill, sounds rough! I am so sorry... I know i miss our girls nights. At church i feel like no one understands, how could they?? And we do have a spouses group that gets together every month ( and the group is sponsered by the residency so they pay for what ever we do!!! ) But it still isnt the same. Some have kids and some don't. I miss you guys alot too!!! For the baseball cake do you just use a circle pan or do you make a dome??Hang in there! Adam is on ER and he is gone from 12pm-12am two days a week and 4pm-2:30am the other 3 days. And when he is home all he ever does is sleep and is ALWAYS tired... only 2 more weeks on this one!!!

the landreths said...

Jill, that sounds like no fun. I'm sorry it's been so rough for you. I can't wait to see you--it feels like forever. I get back in a week--we'll do a girls night and you can vent all you want. Good luck with the rest of this rotation! You'll have to email me your new phone number.

The Mathews Family said...

Amen sister. What else can we even do but complain to each other and glean from that what little comfort there is. In James' intern class there are 2 other LDS guys and their wives are super cool, but there just isn't any way to get together without the kids with the way the guys' schedules are. We tried going out to Chick filet (sp?) for dinner and it just ended up being a complete disaster mostly because of how stressed out we all were and the 7 kids between the three of us..

I'm glad you guys are able to swim now!

banks said...

I love getting the update. It sounds like Jeremy schedule is pretty crazy. I am glad you feel like you can vent. I think for women that really helps. Just today I was giving myself a pep talk telling myself to try and stay calm and be patient. Brett is on call until tomorrow,and on his call days it is a mental battle with myself to make it through his 30 hour shift and still being a good mom. I miss seeing you. I hope things go better with Jeremy OB month. I am excited to see pictures.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Amen to the whole LAME-O nights alone!!! I am so glad that Jon did FM for that reason, he doesn't do very well when he's not on a regular schedule! We should get together-it would be fun!! Good luck, I'm glad Ella's first grade nightmare is hopefully over!!

maelynn said...

Hey Jill, I guess I'll leave ANOTHER comment, since I think it's been over a MONTH since I left the last one! Maybe you never saw it...anyways, just catching up on blogs today, so I thought I'd stop by. Sounds like life is busy, but fun!