Monday, August 20, 2007

New Changes

Well we have been living in our new house for a little over a week now, I love our new house. It's very roomy. I love our pool but hate the learning curve that comes with it. I just went out to turn some stuff on and what I thought was pigeon poop this morning looks a little more like black algea tonight. I tried to scrub it up and its stuck good. Black algae is the worst kind to get rid of, so I am learning. So we haven't really been able to use the pool this weekend.
The kids have started school. Caden is in the same pre- school he was in last year, so he really likes it. Today was his birthday, so he was spotlight at school, he loved it, and he warmed up a little to our new primary yesterday, when they sang Happy Birthday to him. We just had a quiet little b-day party at home, and my brother and his family stopped be at cake time. since some cousins were there I think he felt like it was kind of a birthday party for him.
Ella started first grade last week. She is at a new school this year. THe school had a lot of late first graders sign up so they had to open another class. Her class has a long term sub until they can get a surplus teacher in the district for her class. It's not really working out for Ella. So hopefully we can do something about it soon and she'll be happy to go to school, instead of dreading it.
Taylor is jibber jabbering a ton. It is so cute. He loves it when he sees animals. He kind of calls everything a puppy. There was a young looking bird on the step right outside of our back door, that wasn't getting scared away. he was so excited about it, He kept making his puppy sounds. THe kids even had time to name it, he hung around for so long, they named the bird Zeke.
Jeremy's schedule continues to be crazy. He is working nights for the next couple of weeks.
As for me I was still unpacking our stuff, when I was called into YW's. I am sure it will be fun, especially when we get a little more settled in.
Life has been full lots of changes in the last little bit, but we are up for the challenge.

8 comments:

the landreths said...

Jill! I'm so glad to find your blog :). I'm also glad to hear you're living a little closer now. I am in Reno for a while--we'll be back around the 8th of Sept. I can't wait to see your new place! Good luck with the pool!

Peck Family said...

Jill it was nice seeing you in my mirror! We need to catch up.

Jill said...

Hey Heather, It was nice seeing you too, I tried calling your cell while I was driving, but I must have and old one. Are you guys living at the Montierths house now?

Adam Jensen said...

Hi! It was great to hear from you, Ad is working nights too, can't wait till this one is over!
love, Rach

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH Jill, I feel for you with Ella's school!! If I had any great ideas to help-I would. It's a good thing she has such a great home life. We're excited to see your new house. Sounds like you guys are staying super busy!

banks said...

It sounds like even though life is busy now that you are liking you new home. Keep posting. I love getting the updates. Kami

The Mathews Family said...

Never heard of black algae, but it does NOT sound fun! Sorry girl- good luck with that! Anyway, isn't it nice to have more room? I'm so glad you're liking your house :)

Bella Beginnings said...

It was so fun to have you guys come over even if it was just for a short visit. I wish haylee would have been awake, but she was so out! I think she is growing, cause she has been so tired lately. I can't wait to come and see the house! We will take a trip after the half marathon. Good luck with the moving in process, it never seems to be done!!! Not to lend discouragement. You will do great.