Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not so perfect pushups.





Last Monday while doing my morning Perfect Pushups (round bases with handles that swivel, navy seals use them so no grief from anyone;) I felt a sharp twinge in the lower abdomen. After work as I started to do another set the twinge became a definite pain. Dismayed to report I am now the proud parent of a bilateral inguinal hernia (not our nickname for Taylor, I wish). Developed/diagnosed hernia Monday. Tuesday at lunch called surgeon. Met him minute later in the OR where sans gloves (he's old school) he diagnosed bilateral hernia. Wednesday placed on the schedule for Monday 16th at Phoenix Baptist. It's good to have some hospital connections. Pain is tolerable but without being too graphic in describing the pain it reminds me of the time I was laying on my bed minding my own business when Caden hit me (in the words of Kung Fu Panda) "In my tenders" with his foam core bat (he didn't get the bat back for a year). Two days after that is how I feel now, kind of a dull ache worse with movement. Low risk surgery so should go without a hitch. I spent a month with the surgeon, guy is very good. Too young for surgery. Gripes.

4 comments:

Morgan & Katie said...

Hey Jeremy, isn't it strange how bilateral inguinal hernias can happen simply by doing, what? like 3 push-ups? hee hee j/k

love ya! (if i were my dad, i'd give you a kiss on the cheek!)

morgan

Jake said...

You got a hernia doing push-ups? I'm sorry but that is hilarious!!! I mean I feel bad for ya but it will be a great story to share later. Too funny!

Morgan & Katie said...

so when you get home, can we tickle you? or how about bring you over a meal, maybe something with lots of FIBER?

Amanda aka "Mandy Mandi Mandie Mandee Mannie etc" said...

Snicker... snort... trying to gather myself to comment. That really is too bad. Maybe you should talk to Dad about what happens when your body starts to break down from old age...