Friday, May 14, 2010

Zachary, our little . . . blessing

He is so sweet in these pictures thank goodness they are start out so cute because this one has given us new insight with little busy boys.


Yesterday was the beginning of the end for me. I put Zac down for a nap like I normally do, then set out to get some work done, because its impossible to get anything done when he is awake. I heard him after awhile and hoped he would lay down and go to sleep. Before long Taylor his friend Andrew, and Zachary come skipping into the backyard. I was totally taken aback I asked Taylor how Zac got out. Because I figured and he and his friend must have gone upstairs when he started screaming and done a little team work to get the boy out. Taylor proceeded to tell me " he was just crying then climbed out and came downstraiwrs." I forgot that couple of weeks ago he was nearly climbing out of his crib. yesterday was my DOOMSDAY.
He figured it out. 18 months old climbs out of his crib, he is screaming at his locked bedroom door for his nap as I write this. He has to be contained. Last night after several attempts to get him to go to bed usually around 8:00, we brought him upstairs with us at 11;30 put his mattress on the floor then the rail back on, thinking surely this will be too much for him to climb over. (On a side note since he went to bed so late last night I though I was going to get to sleep in a little, nope 6:30 bright and early.) This morning after just a little crying I hear a thud. Poor kid it really was high. He just uses his sticky little feet to climb up and over. Be careful Zachie I love you.
What else is that boy doing other than climbing out of his crib, he climbs on the table, pulls chairs off the rug which are not at our dining table,but prefers if they are on the tile so he can just push the chair closer to the counter, sometimes he uses the oven door to get up but he has burned his fingers so the chair is his preferred method. sometimes I just put him in his highchair while I make dinner. He also loves toothpaste and toothbrushes. We often can't find either when we go to brush our teeth. our bathroom counter is full of his footprints and we now use our TV stand as our bathroom counter, not sure where we'll turn when he learns to get to that stuff too.
Life with our little Zachary is never dull. He drives me crazy and melts my heart several times each day.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Bless you! I know what it is like to have a ACTIVE fearless, climbing child. both my girls climbed out of their cribs by about 18 months also :) Isn't it amazing how much you love them and want to beat them at the same time! hee ,hee

Britt said...

So cute and so busy! I hear you on all of that except Coy hasn't tried to get out of his crib...yet. Great post. Funny, but likely very frustrating, too.

Brizzee said...

Oh Jill we have the exact same child. Ethan has done all of the above and more. He now has a lid on his crib that we strap down with tie downs yes you heard me a lid. It is for his own saftey. He also loves tooth paste, and has also burned his fingers but that doesn't stop him. I will be glad when these days are over.